Walk to Atanga SS

Walk to Atanga SS

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Beginning of Teacher Exchange II

Christmas Day find out that I am not flying to Baltimore then New York, but flying to Chicago Midway then NYC

Decided to run to Walgreen's a buy HDMI cable and set up Blu-Ray player for mom and dad instead of packing and cleaning room.

Cleaned house Christmas night...mostly done Got up on the 26th and made two beds with fresh sheets off to Dad's for ride to the airport.

Get to Airport and here flight to New York Cancelled...tell me to come back tomorrow decide to push through to Chicago and bunk in with the Powers family for the night.

My bag was supposed to get pulled in Midway, but baggage mixup in airport is stupendous. your bag will be up in 10 minutes becomes 2 hours plus of waiting...

Connor picks me up (has been waiting patiently for me watching Bears at midway).. mishandled trunk lid full of snow, and sliced a good chunk out of my finger...as Connor drives me to Naperville, bleeding is continuous, sucking the blood is not working...

Chinese dinner with John and Patti is great, Packers winning is not...will get up the next morning for Islipp...start to hear other flights being cancelled but not mine!!!!
BUT WAIT!!!! now mine is cancelled...

Decide might not make it to NYC (time to problem solve) look at Southwest Flight schedule and decide Cleveland is far away without any problems... will get car and drive from there...

MEANWHILE, Ugandans flight from London to NYC is cancelled ...next available flight is 4 days...British Immigration tells them it is illegal for them to stay that long...tell them to go back to British Airways and find a solution.. BA flies them to Washington DC...

Phone calls aplenty, lance and justine probably stuck in SF...Patrick and Katherine stuck in Columbia...talking to Catherine the whole time.. tell her I am driving in ....Jen Bresler and my mother think I am crazy...

Maybe no cars in Cleveland, Patti Powers comes through with reservation (although dropping it off at JFK will not be cheap)... Get in car, but realize phone will die...Tell Catherine I will drive to DC to pick up Ugandans.. she trusts the bus... Ugandans find accomodations in DC...know exactly what I need from STL Best Buy unfortunately in Cleveland (not much help or expertise)...find a car charger for my exact phone... Hop in Car...It is snowing and a little wet....WHOOPS

Weather gets better in 45 minutes, and start trucking along Ohio--Pennsylvania...calling home looking for weather reports....roads are dry...making good time... Listening to the football game.....screaming WHO DAT WHO DAT think going to beat them Saints, but then Brees throws two interceptions.... Kevin Harlan says between the hashes a lot and caught the ball against his chest.... Dad calls tells me that Mom says I should pull over and quit for the night... I tell him that Rental Car has ON star and I have already talked to emergency operator as I thought Cross on mirror was up, down, left, right, not a call to emer. operator...

Still making good time... man is Pennsylvania (I-80) boring... Get gas and McDonalds only half way through Pennsylvania... Catherine calls from tarmac, stuck on plane, my GPS says I am only 1 hour twenty minutes from Queens...might be her there

Decide as wind is picking up that driving over Bridges into New York is more of a daytime activity and try to find a hotel in Jersey... finally find one in Saddle Brook...so keyed up don't get to bed until 4 am

No comments: