Walk to Atanga SS

Walk to Atanga SS

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

No Atanga SS for Invisible Children Teacher Exchange in 2010

I was like a proud father on the way to Gulu... Telling my old friend Michelle and 2 new teacher exchange participants how much they would like Atanga SS and its students. I just found out tonight that this is not going to happen...

Details are sketchy, but their has been violence between students and the faculy... It is with a heavy heart that I ate dinner tonight.....I so wanted my colleagues to experience the wonders of Atanga.

So many bright 16 and 17 year olds throughout the world, are so close to being something ( bright young man and bright young woman). And are just a small step from greatness and then anger and passion negate rational thought and realistic plans about their future...

John

2 comments:

David said...

This is very unfortunate news. I have fond memories of working with both the staff and students at Atanga SS.

Katie said...

Don't give up - not happening this year doesn't mean it will never happen. Continued teaching, dialogue and prayer will bring peace - in God's time - not our time. Remember to be patient and keep doing all the good things that you are doing - many are working for the same good and it will happen. Keep posting!

Love you, Katie and all the Thiemanns