Walk to Atanga SS

Walk to Atanga SS

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Hospitality at Butterflies

   So after taking care of some details for my trip next week to Pajule and Patonga?  I rested a bit.  I have learned that if I am still in the afternoon, I only sweat for about 30 minutes until my body acclimates.   So I got a bit of a rest and left my room content with a beans and rice dinner at Butterflies.  I looked around for a seat in the couches and comfy chairs, but saw nothing and sat in a plastic chair.  I ordered beans and rice with an Orange Fanta.  One of the staff from somewhere was carrying a bigger chair for me, "Ahhhh, you sit here."  I have not seen these chairs besides Butterflies.   They are metal frames with cushions including cylindrical bolster pillows for the arm rests.  I thought they had done everything they could to accommodate me, until on the big screen projector I was watching a Nelly video.    Perfect.  It must be a later song, because I did not recognize it.  The next video was by a Boy band on stools that I did not recognize, and then it was a video by one half of Milli Vanilli,....not sure if it was Teo or Fab.

     Started out with a great morning, Got Isaac and Geoffrey and Chris to join me for the traditional (at least it is now) flag salute to the departing Oregon student group.  I bought them all Rolex for breakfast and then we took a boda boda caravan to the youth hostel.  Spent the rest of the day working with Isaac on his math and then making plans for Pajule.  keeping my fingers crossed that  I will also be able to see Kwoyelo Ronald and Ocwa Alfred Jackson.

No comments: