Walk to Atanga SS

Walk to Atanga SS

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Awere !!!

This morning, we had some free time before 9 am, so Trisha and I got up early to go to morning assembly at Awere. The morning assembly starts at 745 am, and I think I was up at 5 am---ready to go. It was so much fun, walking through Aloyo I Long again. There were many hellos and it seems that a few people actually remembered us. But the signs of recognition were everywhere, and the students were real excited to see us. I have to say it was a real good feeling to see the smiles and receive warm handshakes from many excited students. My good friend and colleague, Nyeko Alfred was not there, but I have learned he is doing a research project in the Pader district and the Deputy Head Teacher has given me Alfred's phone number. So although I am still apprehensive about making sure I see my friend, I am now optimistic that it will happen. The Deputy Head Teacher remembered that I was from the city that brewed the best beer in America.
Is that still true? or is it a Belgian firm. I had a great breakfast this morning and a great adventure. It was so much fun to be walking through Gulu again.

I am having some internet problems, so I will end here

John

No comments: