Walk to Atanga SS

Walk to Atanga SS

Monday, June 30, 2008

St. Jude's

Well, this Sunday we travelled again to one of my favorite places in Gulu. St. Jude's, which is kind of like an orphanage, but not really. In Uganda, the children that are in "orphanages" are children whose family cannot currently take care of them, but in a year or two when the family is able to overcome the obstacles in their lives, the children will go back home to live.
The great thing about just playing with kids, is that I also got to see Moses again, whose picture has been on this blog for awhile. And I also saw my other friend, who I now know is named Geoffrey. If the internet is fast enough you will be able to see both of them on this blog. This morning was also the first day of school, if you remember I am teaching Physics and so far I have not made a blunder in two classes. My partner teacher, Odawa Henry, is a very kind teacher and I hope we will have a successful partnerships with our students over the month of July.

Tonight I am also looking forward to our first basketball game with all of the boys I got to know last year.

John

No comments: