Walk to Atanga SS

Walk to Atanga SS

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Funny, funny, and funny

Okay, I have been laughing non stop here. Some typical crazy stuff. The "wing, wing, wing" joke has made it to a new group of people. But anytime you spend significant time with a guy named Captain Underwear, funny stuff is going to happen. The same night that Lisa and Mick sang, Mike F. also picked up the guitar. I was just calling him a utility infielder, because he was so versatile, but he picked up the guitar and perfectly sang Mr. Big's "To be with you", so he is now named Mr. Big. Captain Underwear also joined Mick in singing several old Garth Brooks songs and was also good.

There were many westerners there so I started preaching about the lack of XXL shirts for big people who believe in social causes. Hopefully, I have made a small dent in this "large" problem. This morning we got up early--- Captain Underwear, Stephanie, Kevin, Annie, and Lauren and we ventured to Gulu High for the amazing Mass. I wish I could take all of you to this place. The energy and the faith and practice of these students is amazing. They work hard to bring devotion and music to their Sunday service. And they accomplish it with such spirituality and faith. I know I have not posted a picture yet, and I only have five more minutes today, before we leave for St. Jude's orphanage. So I might try to send some stuff to my dad that gets posted. In less than 18 hours, Kevin, Shilling Shilling Bill, and I will be off to Atanga to try our bests and learn from the people of that school.

Wish me luck,

John

No comments: