Walk to Atanga SS

Walk to Atanga SS

Monday, August 3, 2009

2 small children and photocopying

Just trying to wrap up a few loose ends. One of them I had to xerox 4 sheets of paper. It took me about 2 hours and 3 different photocopying shops and still do not have what I would consider fair qualities. In this bustling metropolis known as Gulu, I think most of the people, business wise, who need computers and xeroxes have great machines, while the photocopying shops deal with those that may only need a copy or two. Including it always seems people applying for some job or university application. Aha! There is a great idea, I think for a new NGO, just a place with modern computers, good printers, and good xerox machines to help those that are trying to help themselves.

I also went to the post office for the first time in 3 years, I have picked up 100,000/= in stamps to help facilitate the pen pal program, that although it has many kinks, I think is getting better every year.

Went to dinner with Eric, Kelly, Morgan, and Katie last night. We went to the new Chinese place some of the IC people have discovered. Their onion rings were great and I had to try the Obama mixed fried rice special. They also had some kind of hot sauce with peppers that I tried on my onion rings. It knocked me out !!! Not since, the cajun sauce at JC's insurance man party 10 ?? years ago has my mouth been on this much of a fire. I had to act tough, kind of, because of the three women. Kelly M. has actually shot and killed a bear in her life--so we know she is tough. Although, she did let on to some of the teachers that the bear was actually smaller than John Magee.

Big rainstorm last night, and the power kept going in and out, but I read a little bit from a book on Sam Cooke and tried to tackle a 16 x 16 Sudoku from the Kampala paper. This is my third weekly attempt, and after 4+ hours each time, I realized I had a fatal error, so I am trying again, some 3 or 4 hours in to finish this one,.....but I really want to know if anyone in the whole country of Uganda is completing these puzzles.

Should have got pictures up today, but I am at the mercy of others with camera cords and so forth, and it did not happen today.

John

No comments: