Walk to Atanga SS

Walk to Atanga SS

Friday, August 7, 2009

Time in Uganda OR Why Tom Magee's Head would explode.

Time in Africa is really kind of an elusive concept. I have pen pal letters from Atanga SS this year and I am trying to collect them for some of my students who wrote to Gulu SS last year. But..

On Thursday, I showed up to meet the Senior 3 students at 11:40 because their 10 o'clock exam would be over at noon, and I wanted to make sure I did not miss anyone.

I got there on time, but soon discovered that the exam had started at least an hour late, and it was not until 1250 or so before I actually got to talk to students. I told them, I could come again tomorrow, because many had forgotten their letters. I had talked to them about it last week, so that seemed reasonable, plus it is exam week.

So today, I was planning on showing up at 845 so I could catch them before their 9 o'clock scheduled final. I got there at 825, but they had all started their final.. more than 400 students 45 minutes early. I eventually got some letters to specific people Claire Meyer, Haley Hunter, Rachel Kuehnle, 2 for Libby Harbaugn, so get excited....

time is almost up gotta go

racing to post this before connection is lost\

John

1 comment:

Charlotte Simcox said...

I saw your dad tonight and he gave told me where your blog was - so I just read the entire thing - I am so tired I feel like I took a boda boda ride. Sounds like you had yet another rewarding trip. I hope you have a good backup waiting for you when you get back!