Walk to Atanga SS

Walk to Atanga SS

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Opiyo Charles and Oketayot John

I have now been sitting in an internet cafe for more than an hour....the pages load slow with two students that I taught last year at Gulu SS. John found me in the street last week and told me that he was sorry that he did not get a letter from a Nerinx student. So immediately thanks to the internet, I was able to track down that student send her an email, and she wrote a letter to me which I printed out for 500/= . John really liked the letter ---so thanks to Maureen O. and everyone who helped track her down. Charles is looking to hear again from Kate Scott, so if anyone can find her in the next day have her email me a letter.

SORRY ABOUT THE LAST POST, I DID NOT INCLUDE THE STORY ABOUT THE 2 LITTLE CHILDREN, BUT THAT WILL HAVE TO WAIT.

So today, let me introduce all of you to Opiyo Charles, who is an S.3. student at Gulu SS. Charles is a prefect which is a combination of STUCO officer and Dean of Students. His official title is Assistant Information. His jobs include sending and receiving information from the students to the students and teachers. His favorite subject at Gulu SS is Biology. At Gulu SS, this is Charles 3rd year of Biology. Charles would like to hear from more American students. If you would like to write to him, you can give me a lettter or email him at charlesopiyo31@yahoo.com. Like all students here the internet is expensive and Charles will have limited access to his account.

Secondly, sitting to my left is Oketayot John, who is also an S.3. student at Gulu SS. He is not ready to tell you anything right now, because I have just put him on the spot. But his favorite subject in school is Chemistry. Both John and Charles are taking their third year of Chemistry this year, they just finished a 2nd trimester examination on Geography. John's email address is johnaug14@yahoo.com.

Not much else to say, I was told I looked smart today when I visited Gulu. I have a brand new hand made tie that I got in the market. BTW, smart means handsome or good-looking.....

See you all soon,

John

No comments: