Walk to Atanga SS

Walk to Atanga SS

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Lazy Saturday in Gulu

I met my teaching partner from the first year Nyeko Alfred at the bus park in Gulu.I was going there to pick up a few papers from Atanga SS. At first, I did not know if I was looking for a bus or a mutatu (van taxi), but the barkers from the bus lines did their best to get me on a bus somewhere. Even with Alfred there, they were very persistent in getting me on a vehicle, even though I did not want to go anywhere. The one actually said I should wait for my package inside his vehicle. Don't know where it was going, but he thought it would be a good place to wait. I declined his generous offer, I did not want to go to some strange city.

Alfred and I waited, got the package, and then went to Hotel Roma for some water. It was a great visit. Alfred told me his plans for the future, and we discussed his further studies. I am now at the Acholi Inn, because the power has been out in town for almost a day, and I figured this western style hotel would have a way to get on the internet. They also have a pool which I might be coming back to later today. This has been a long trip and I am ready to come home, I have I think all of my gifts bought, and just a few details to sew up. I have probably never wanted to sit in the bleachers at a Cards game more.....

I am going to take care of some business for Alfred, so I am going to sign off.

John

1 comment:

Katie said...

We can't wait for you to come home either! I promise on the 16th we'll have the A/C on and big Cokes and iced tea with lots and lots of ice. Hang in there. Love you,

Katie