Walk to Atanga SS

Walk to Atanga SS

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Several thoughts on a Saturday

I taught Aaron how to play Risk II on my computer. He beat me. Then the two of us taught John from the IC house, and he beat us. It might be a good day to while away some time in the evenings. The girls laughed at us that we could spend so much time looking at numbers on a map, but if you are a Risk fan then I do not have to explain it to you. Although, it is a little weird playing a game of world domination, when we are trying to help people who have suffered from the world. So we came up with the idea of a new Risk, one where instead of armies, you sent teachers, doctors, and bore hole drillers. Oh well, it is in the planning stages at least.

It is nice in the weekend when the house is full. I really like the conversations I have with JRob, Matt, and David. We played a little bit of poker last night with favors instead of money, I am up on a few people, and down to David, which is good, because David is too nice of a guy to call them in. Obibi the goat keeps trying to get into our room, and apparently last night was successful. Aaron had little goat turds in his shoes.

Today, we are going to Fort Portico, a historic place where Sir Samuel Baker ended the slave trade in Uganda. We are going mostly for a picnic and to hang out with each other. Tomorrow, we have a pot luck dinner, and I have to make something although every recipe I know has White Castles in it. I bought some apple, but have been unable to find caramel. So we are going to have Caramel Apples without the Caramel.

John

probably no entry until monday, but check back then

No comments: