Walk to Atanga SS

Walk to Atanga SS

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Finding Comfort in Gulu

Okay sorry about the last couple of days. I purchased two different ways to get on the Internet and neither one is working. Then tonight, I had more problems, started at Cafe Larem, Moved because a nothing was loading, moved to Kope Cafe, and now back at Cafe Larem using Dana's computer whose modem is working (we bought the exact same thing) to type this. TIA...TIA I am soon headed to Atanga SS. My colleague will be Isaac who played football at UNC and had to battle Julius Peppers in practice. This is his story. We all hoped on Boda Bodas to get to town and it was an adventure for 12 of us were having their first ride. I was not with Isaac but met up with him at the IC office. He had a big smile on his face and was sharing a child's drawing with a Uganda woman. He was explaining to her that his 6 year old daughter Rigby had made this drawing for her. She had apparently stayed with Isaac's family when she was in Flordia advocation for IC and the children of Uganda. When Rigby found out that Dad was going to Uganda, she asked her Dad to find this young woman in Uganda. A difficult task, but not in the dreams of Rigby. Dad made a few inquiries and was ready when he got to the IC office. The young Ugandan woman was there and Isaac greeted her warmly, a two day visit in the past had already made them fast friends. It might have helped that Isaac has two wonderful, cute daughters...Rigby and Layla. I have not met them, but aren't all 6 and 3 year olds wonderful. The young woman took the painting and the message slowly crafted on lined paper by Rigby. She laughed and said, "I am so excited, I could collapse.". The young Ugandan woman's name was Comfort. So this morning, that is how a 6 year old I never met, and her father, a man as big as a house showed me how to find Comfort in Gulu. I told the Biloxi students last week that their greatest talent was to love. If I needed any more proof of how love can bind us all together---I found it today in Gulu.

No comments: