Walk to Atanga SS

Walk to Atanga SS

Monday, June 11, 2012

First Night in Uganda

Although I did not sleep more than a 5 minute nod off on any of my flights. I got a 3 hour nap tonight and ready to begin the latest chapter. Good night in NYC with Frank Hellwig who got up at 500 am to help me hail a cab. A 7 hour flight to London....there just enough time to buy 2 waters with the 5 pound note, I had saved from several years ago, then on to Uganda.... We arrived at 715 am Monday, and walked across the historic Entebbe tarmac. Soon got to see my good friend James our Kampala driver. Spent an hour in the phone store trying to get ipad internet access with Dana Larkin. We were not successful, but I loaded up more time on my stick and that should get me internet access in Atanga. We are going to the US Embassy tomorrow, and then home to Gulu... I cannot wait. After a tough year, I am so inspired by the 30 students I just spent a week with. They are amazing talented, but most of all the spread joy and love to everyone they touch. We did incredible things there, and most of them were done by the hard work of the students.... of course could not have done it without the adults either. For the first time in 13 months, I am ready for the classroom. I am going to work tirelessly to do my best, because Boo Yah, Aahahanana, Jump Around, and 27 others have shown me that hard work and love can make a difference. to see their blog www.sharekindnessstl.blogspot.com

3 comments:

jill said...

Happy to hear you made it safely and that the first day went well! Thank you for such an inspiring and awesome week last week, it was truly a blessing to be in Biloxi again.

jill said...

Happy to hear you made it safely and that the first day went well! Thank you for such an inspiring and awesome week last week, it was truly a blessing to be in Biloxi again.

Unknown said...

Can't wait to hear about all your adventures! Thank you for yet another awesome Biloxi trip. My dad ended up bringing home a suma cooler so no need to buy him a new one. Have a safe trip!