Walk to Atanga SS

Walk to Atanga SS

Monday, June 18, 2012

Love Does

At least two people on this trip are reading Love Does by Bob Goff. It looks Like something I will also read this summer. Sarah read me the introduction on the bus to the Rhino trip. It was inspiring. It talks about love being active and going out and doing things and being the spirit, that ennui that can make a real difference in the world. It is what we in Biloxi talked about when we said about hearts have been in the right place, but now also on this trip our feet are in the right place too. It is that kinship that we strive for.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------At the bottom of my frustration over my techno problems I read some kind words that Josh Franklin wrote on his blog. And there it is that simple power of love or kindness to always triumph. I am so excited for Josh and Sarah to begin the first day at Sir Samuel Baker school and in my dream scenario, it will be Ronald Kwoyelo to open that first door for them. They are already good friends and I believe great teachers. Sarah actually sang a lot of the songs on the TV show Barney when she was a child. The actors lip synced her voice. Sarah and I have already bonded Over our love for Defying Gravity. I see in both Sarah and Josh what Marian Wright Edelman calls "the sound of the genuine" and I feel blessed that they are my colleagues and my friends. but most of all I feel great that two great people are here to give their very best to my friends in Uganda, especially a young man named Ronald.----------------------------------------So I think my goal for the next 5 weeks is simple--it is to love, and maybe be known as the man who loves. "I'm though accepting limits because someone says they're so.". I think there are no limits on love, and I will do better because if I ever need an example of love, I have all of you, my friends, my family, and 30 of the most amazing young women I know who showed loved every day, Building ramps, painting, and building homes in Mississippi.

No comments: