Walk to Atanga SS

Walk to Atanga SS

Friday, July 6, 2012

Crazy Day --- Epilogue

Got power, got Internet, and realized what the day gave me. In the midst of the craziness and frustration, an S4 student asked me to help him with some math problems. One on one teaching and the activity where a student and I tackle a problem is maybe my favorite experience. I am back in Uganda where many Ugandans will stop me on e street and say welcome back. I am on this trip, because of the amazing love and support of all my friends and family and first and foremost my students--you are so special to me. Also on the way home, the IC people were telling me that there is a child named after me. And the one Ugandans comment was, "There will be more." is a bit daunting, but also quite humbling. Also the Head Girl and two of her classmates told me that I should stay for the whole year. So I guess crazy day or frustration day as I called it should be renamed blessed day or amazing day,.....perspective...it is all about what you see.

3 comments:

Mary Mindel said...

So glad to hear you had a GOOD day. Obviously, I have more time on the Internet now that I'm "retired". I better get a job soon. Was up until almost 4 last night finishing a book. I need structure! Have a great day!

terri said...

Positive attitude...gotta love it!

Jack Magee said...

Do not stay a year advice frm your. Mother