Walk to Atanga SS

Walk to Atanga SS

Monday, July 19, 2010

Exchange Rates

Right now 2254 Ugandan Shilling = 1 U.S. Dollar

A smile from a Ugandan Child going to school = Gold, baby, Pure Gold...

Today on my walks through town, I smiled and talked to every kid I could find...As they would sometimes rush to shake my hand, today I rushed to them.

I took their smiles and their hand shakes, and their "How are yous?" and put them straight into my heart.....

There was a small child, the son of one of our staff kicking a soccer ball in the back yard. I called him over and just held him for a minute.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

John - have been working at Nerinx all summer - teaching summer school and working on Adv Ed - all those hours working on that report - and look what you are doing with your hours!!!! You and your friends will be welcomed into heaven with open arms as God says to me - you spent hours on a REPORT instead of helping people??!!?? Thank you for doing what you do and sharing it with the rest of us by bringing it back to all of us privileged people and waking us up! You all do have my prayers especially with all the difficult things you have encountered this summer - along with all the love that must have entered your heart this summer, you have added some real darkness - I'm glad you have such good friends there to share the sad times. See you in a few weeks -God bless!!! Judie Winters