Walk to Atanga SS

Walk to Atanga SS

Monday, June 18, 2007

First Night in Kampala

A very interesting country, we took a mutato (large cab) there is a picture to the right on the main road from Entebbe to Kampala. It was pretty beat up, but our driver and everyone on the road seemed to understand the local nuances and we got there with no problem. We will have 2 days in Kampala, tomorrow we are visiting a school in Kampala and will spend the afternoon changing money. We are in a youth hostel for the night and I had the African plate special.

You will also see my girlfriend from the flight pictured here also. We decided that since she is a flight attendant from Argentina living in Dubai with a Lebanese boyfriend, and since I was an American teaching in Uganda the logistics of a relationship would be too much. Oh well we will always have Addis Abbabe.

For those of you older folk, it was surreal walking across the tarmac of Entebbe with it looking much the same as it probably looked years ago. Let's see what else, our leader Amy seems to be a little bit of a smart aleck, and she definitely has a sense of humor. I am planning on using the pillow joke tomorrow morning. Anyone guess how many times I will use that this trip. I may or may not get a phone, but feel free to comment on this blog. I am going to try to immerse myself in the people of Gulu so individual replies might not happen.

spend 20 minutes trying to load pictures (did not work) will try later

No comments: