Walk to Atanga SS

Walk to Atanga SS

Sunday, June 10, 2007

People are Good, All Things will work out.

Terri Gaffney is one of the most positive people I know in my life. She spends very little time listening to the doubters or the pessimists. She has the perfect complement in her life in her rock steady husband, Tim. They were the hosts today of a second Uganda Bon Voyage Party. Their backyard is a shrine to optimism, and life, and everything you would ever want to see as a kid. Today was a wonderful time with some of my oldest friends and my family. And again I will remember to take the optimism and the belief of my hostess, that all people are good people. I was amazed at the generosity of the kindness of the people of the Back Bay in Biloxi, and it continues to carry on each and every day, as I see the generosity and caring of old friends.

I also got a card with the Uganda flag and crest on it. Don't think for a moment that John Magee does not appreciate that extra hooplah!

Last week, I say in a room of Dads, Moms, and 43 of the best students in the whole country. As I listened to their wonderful thoughts, tears, and song of this group. I thought---there is no place else in the world I should be right now. I was born and raised to be in that room with these people at this time. I do not know if you have ever had the thought where you knew about being in the exact right place, but I hope you all find that place soon.

And so I am poised to begin the journey of my lifetime in Africa, but you see I have already begun this journey long ago with you my good friends. And in the last week, I have had phenomenal experiences in Biloxi, on Plant, on Forsyth, and on Bradford. And this journey to Africa is not a culmination, but a start to even bigger and better things and new friends, and new stories, and........................NEW JOKES!!!!

Thank You

p.s. Terri the dates for the Biloxi trip are June 1-7, 2008. Mark your calendar now.

No comments: