Walk to Atanga SS

Walk to Atanga SS

Friday, June 29, 2007

Jack Magee adding pictures for John

I am not sure the best way to add pictures, the only way I could figue out was to place them along the side.

As an added comment John's mother asked him some questions I'm sure all of you are asking too.


John’s mother asked these questions.
Are you eating ok? What are you eating? What do you drink? Can you wash your clothes? Is the weather hot? Is there any rain?
John answered!
we have a great cook at the house, where I get breakfast and dinner. we have had chili, spaghetti, egg rolls, and noodles, kind of western food with an african flair.for african food I have had dodo and eggs (spinach and eggs), mugasi (deep fried dough), corn, mangos, bananas, pineapples, rice, potio, beans, and I will have to think tilapia, beef, I drink mostly water I have fallen in love with getting to the CalTex station for 1.5 Liter of water (it costs 1000 shs< 1 dollar)....I have also had their sweet tea at school, i have had several cokes 300 ml old style glass bottle....There is a women named Agnes at the house who does all the wash by hand and hangs them on a line.....all rooms have one day to put out their wash, so mine was yesterday...it is sometimes hot, but not really...it is amazing how much of a breeze you get in some of these buildings, including the mud brick hut with the thatch roof I was in.....it rained once, so the roads are very dusty, I have red dirt on everything......but if it rains again, we will be inundated by the white ants.....this is the end of their second rainy season it is hottest in december

4 comments:

Unknown said...

John--

I really enjoy your blog. You are doing great work and everyone here is proud of you.

However, when I read of you playing hoops with a few 12 year olds I can't help but project you into the Peyton Manning character in the United Way SNL skit.

Take care and we are all thinking of you.

Lewis

phil said...

John,

Is there an address we can send a care package?

John Magee said...

not really on the care package, but the Awere school has plenty of needs, so if you want to ---wait until I get back and we can send something to them.

Jack Abels said...

Brian, when I think of John playing basketball in Africa, I think of Ted and Elaine's missionary work in 'Airplane'.

God I hope I don't go to hell.