Walk to Atanga SS

Walk to Atanga SS

Monday, June 25, 2007

No Water, and a malfunctioning iPod

I felt really dirty that we had no water again, as I would have to go into my first day of school without a shower. Things got worse, when my roommate Hadley woke me at 7 am, I rolled over slept for five minutes, and then woke up I checked my iPod and it said 9:55 am Kampala time. WHAAAAAAAAAATTTTTT how could I oversleep on my first day of school, I did my best to get ready quickly, what that entails is a little different when you cannot shower or shave. I was not happy as I thought at least one of my colleagues should have work me up. It was a matter of minutes until I saw Scott, I asked him what time it was, and he said 7:06 crisis averted. I was introduced to the student population at 8:00 am, all 851 students both boys and girls. Good first day, I have to cut this short so I can go look for school supplies. See you soon.

2 comments:

terri said...

John,
It sounds like you are doing great things and having a life changing time! I love reading your blogs...thanks for the updates. Some of your other commments almost made me tear up but the little boys prayer broke the seal. I am really proud of you. Keep up the good work, be careful, and have fun! You are in my prayers.
Love,
Terri

Katie said...

I'm with Terri - got all welled up when I read that one. It sounds like you're having an awesome experience! I'm praying for you and praying for your students that you get to shower soon. Keep posting.

Love you much, Katie

P.S. A lot of CJ girls are starting to read your blog.