Walk to Atanga SS

Walk to Atanga SS

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Bonus---RAINSTORM POST

It started to pour, so I first ducked into the Shell station and had a 500 mL coke, but it would not stop raining. There is a small convenience shop there with Invisible Children's favorite employee Lucy. In the middle of the shop there was a man giving a pedicure to two women. Then I saw a Toyota pick up truck packed to the gills with boxes and gerry cans strapped to the side. On top of the load, sat what looked like an entire village, children, old women, old men, and also on top of the cab, 3 young men. I am not sure I will have any overloaded truck pictures when I get back, because I want to respect the dignity of the people who have to travel this way or walk. But since they were going out in the rain. They just got a big tarp out held it out over all the people and moved on. The young guys up front were holding it so they could somewhat see the road. Another African sight I will not forget.
\
but anyway

It is still raining so I will tell you more news, the American band Fall Out Boy has come to Gulu to shoot a video. Many of the IC staff is working very hard to help film their video at Awer camp. The closest I have come is that I ate dinner once accidentally at the same restaurant, and the other night I helped wash dishes that they would have eaten off of if the shoot had ended on time. Anyway I have to be brief because I am losing minutes, but the band showed up and watch me teach at Awere for five minutes today. I do not know what this film is for, but who knows? The video is for a song with lawyer in the title off the knew album, be watching for it for shots of Northern Uganda

peace

john

1 comment:

Mia said...

Dear John, It is nice to hear about the people in your blogs and especially specific people.You have done alot for Amos. I will keep him in my prayers. You will have many good memories when you leave.
Best regards, Mia
PS Lindsay said the lizard was real even if you don't have a picture of it. So you do have witnesses. lol