Walk to Atanga SS

Walk to Atanga SS

Sunday, July 8, 2007

Da Pub

Last night about 8 of us went out to a place called Da Pub. It was the first bar I have been to in Uganda. Sorry Frank no AB products what is the deal with your distribution anyway. It was great to just relax and have several beers with people. I enjoyed listening to Sarah's stories about her mom meeting John Lennon, and just talking about Gulu. It was a good end to a good day.

Thanks Nora Thiemann, this morning we had no water again, so I used your little tube of sun screen you gave me to shave with. I also stabbed myself with a screw driver, attaching a handle to the bath room door, it was starting to stick and had no handle on one side. I looked through 9 wood screws to find the best four and they were still bad screws. Then I had to buy a too small of screw driver, so the slot would fit in my bad screws, then the only handle I could buy was kind of bent. It is amazing how lucky we are to have a home depot. It was just a slight cut, so I am using the band-aids with neo sporin the Thiemanns also gave me, I believe that one was from Kurt, sorry gotta go I only have a minute left. Magees why don't you call me at 1 pm your time if you are all together.

john

2 comments:

Mary said...

I *knew* that finely honed engineering ability (like we witnessed with a certain organizer shelf) would come in handy! ;)
Keeping you in my thoughts - can't wait to hear ALL about everything when you get back!
Mary G.

Jeanne said...

Hi John,

No Sunday dinner today. Your mom just had the carpet cleaned and they couldn't put the furniture back yet.

You'll be happy to know that you were at the top of the little triplets' & Kurt's "ESPECIALLY Thankful" list last Sunday.

More importantly, (you didn't hear it from me), but Brian was sitting in your chair. You better watch out for that guy. The next thing you know he'll be telling jokes with obscure refrences that only your mom will laught at.

Miss passing food to you,
Jeanne