Walk to Atanga SS

Walk to Atanga SS

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Rainy Sunday Morning

It rained a little this morning. The roads have been so dusty here, and many of the families really need rain for their crops. I would say almost everybody I know in Atanga is a farmer, even the teachers get up early to dig. They call all work in their farm--digging. I typed out survey questions using a bad software program and the printer printed it crooked, but I guess I have to settle for shabby work, because I have no other options.

Low key night, only 3 teachers left in town. They either went home, to see rhinos, or on safari. I hope the rain this morning will bring out the animals for my friends. Matt, Annie, and I had a nice dinner at Bambu and then Matt and I joined a couple people at Da Pub. Met a woman who worked in Sudan, we talked about micro loans and Jeffrey Sachs and many other things. Andrew who is here a year or two with IC wondered how America was when Obama got elected. He was in Chile during that time. Every knows I am optimistic about the world, because I see on a daily basis the dedication, compassion, and caring about others from phenomenal 16 and 17 year olds. I really wish more of these 17 year olds could see what the twenty-somethings are actually doing on the ground in different parts of the world. YOU CAN TAKE A YEAR OR TWO OF YOUR LIFE GO SOMEWHERE AND MAKE A REAL DIFFERENCE. So hold onto that dream.

Going to let Matt use some of my internet, so gotta go..
Go Cards

John

No comments: