Walk to Atanga SS

Walk to Atanga SS

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Remembering What is Important (Even when I don't want to)

While I was on the rhino trip, someone broke into Bill's room and stole my laptop. Upon further review, it looks like my US cell phone, another power cord, and 200 dollars was also taken. It has been a very frustrating week, as I really do like to communicate and that might be kind of tough now. I have to remember that this hardship is what the Acholi people have dealt with for 20 years. It is really frustrating, but when I got back to Atanga, I found my worn 30 year old scapular that I thought I had lost. I guess it was just a remembrance to me that material things are nice, but what is really important to all of us are the things that we cannot possess **there is no colon on this computer** love, friendship, kindness, and in the case of the scapular---faith. We should be reminded that I know that I am travelling with the good thoughts and prayers of many of you that I know, and some that I don't know (Jon Bryant's mom's prayer circles). All of the extra marks including the apostrophe are in the wrong place on this computer. It is torture typing contractions and possessives. LOL. I will work to overcome these frustrations and represent you well by giving my best to the people of Northern Uganda

respectfully,

John


not so respectfully, I WANT MY FRIGGING LAPTOP BACK!!!!!!!

John

No comments: