Walk to Atanga SS

Walk to Atanga SS

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

It all comes down to teaching



In the end it comes down to teaching. Otim John, my team teacher, urged us this week to narrow the gap between teachers and students. I just taught a class where each student sought the answer after finishing the problem. If we can bridge this gap not to fear the teacher , then their curiosity becomes their question. By asking questions the students unlock their world.

When that happens anything is possible. Either in an air-conditioned class room where a young girl works on her laptop or under a mango tree where a young girl asks good questions.

3 comments:

jrob1315 said...

john,

that sounds great. I miss uganda so much. thanks for the shout outs. I am so glad that you got yourself up to atanga ss. the people there are amazing and that you are working with otim john. tell ocwa alfred and the kids at atanga that i miss them and think about them all the time. take care and keep doing what you do so well for the people of uganda.

jrob1315 said...

john,

I just read about brenda. that is so terrible to hear. please give her my best and i wish her a safe and speedy recovery. she was an amazing "sister" to david and i and we could not have gotten through atanga without her.

John Magee said...

JRob
I am trying desperately to get a hold of you. A student from last year has some questions about you and school fees. His name is Kwoyelo Ronald.

call or text me at 078 371 8220